• Collection of free wallpaper
  • MTV Europe Music Awards in Berlin - big night for Beyonce and Katy Perry

    The German city played host to this year's ceremony, where Beyonce notched up a hat-trick of wins and performed her single Sweet Dreams. She won Best Female, Best Song for Halo and Best Video for Single Ladies. Her husband, Jay-Z, won Best Urban.

    Lady GaGa was named Best New Act and the winner of the MTV Push Award for up-and-coming talent went to British singer Pixie Lott. U2 won Best Live Act and performed a free gig at the Brandenburg Gate to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. However, the event was marred by complaints from fans who had turned up without tickets in the hope of seeing the band perform, only to find a six-foot high wall erected around the site.

    Other winners included Eminem (Best Male) Green Day (Best Rock), Placebo (Best Alternative) and Linkin Park (Best World Stage Performance). Tokio Hotel, Germany biggest-selling act, won Best Group. Katy Perry hosted the event for the second year running and went through a succession of costume changes, taking Liza Minnelli in Cabaret as her inspiration.

    Before the ceremony at Berlin's O2 World, she said: "I'm going to highlight what God gave me - what my momma made - with lots of booby things. There will be a lot of costumes but fewer clothes. I am using lace, feathers and garters."

    Perry took some presenting tips from boyfriend Russell Brand, who hosted the MTV Video Music Awards earlier this year. But she said: "I'm just going to be myself and I think that's why they asked me back, because I have that 'no fear' character. I don't care if I fall on stage, I will just get right back up and make a little joke out of it. "

    Joss Stone hosted the red carpet coverage and the performers included Leona Lewis, who was nominated but left empty-handed. Robbie Williams, who was due to perform on the night but withdrew citing a "schedule clash", also won nothing.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    ------------------------------------------------
    powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme | Tested by Blogger Templates | Best Credit Cards